THANK YOU FOR FOSTERING
Penny&Wild SOSFL is a 501(c)3 non-profit, no kill small animal rescue.
We are 100% foster home and donations based.
By fostering a rabbit or guinea pig, you are not only saving one smalls life, you are also opening up a space for us to save another!
Foster Agreement Form
Foster Agreement (read only)
• I understand that any animal(s) fostered by me are the property of Penny & Wild: Smalls of South Florida Animal Rescue (hereinafter referred to as Penny & Wild) and I agree to return them to Penny & Wild immediately upon request. If I refuse to return the animal(s), Penny & Wild reserves the right to impound them as legal owner of the animal(s).
• I understand that I do not have the right to keep, adopt, transfer, or place my foster animal(s) in other homes or with other individuals and I agree to return the animal(s) to Penny & Wild if I am no longer able to provide the care outlined in the Care-guide that was provided to me.
• I certify that no person residing in the household where the animal(s) will be fostered has ever been charged with or convicted of animal cruelty, neglect, or abandonment.
• I agree that my foster animal(s) will be housed and kept INDOORS ONLY and will not be allowed outdoors at any time.
• I agree to provide the animal(s) not only shelter but loving care, including at a minimum:
(Rabbits) (1) adequate food and water as outlined in the Care-guide that was provided to me; (2) 4FT x 4FT living space when enclosed that is clean, well-lit, with AC; (3) 3 – 4hrs per day of supervised “free-roam” time to exercise in a “bunny proofed” area.
(Guinea Pigs) (1) adequate food and water as outlined in the Care-guide that was provided to me; (2) 2FT x 4FT living space that is clean, well-lit, with AC.
• I agree to litter box train and provide daily socialization with the foster animal(s) daily to make sure they are ready to be adopted as explained to me by Penny & Wild.
• PROGRESS REPORTS: I agree to submit weekly / monthly progress report to Penny&Wild SOS FL.
• TRANSPORTING: I understand that I will need to bring the animal(s) fostered by me to vet exams, spay/neuter surgery, nail trims, weight checks, Meet&Greets, or other reasons deemed necessary by Penny & Wild at an agreed-upon date and time.
• VETERINARY CARE: I understand that all veterinary care must be authorized in advance by Penny & Wild with one of their approved veterinarians. I agree to personally incur the cost for any treatment that has not been pre-authorized. I understand that any supplies or medications provided by Penny & Wild are for the foster animal(s) only and are not to be administered to any other animals. I understand that Penny & Wild will take every precaution to ensure that the animal(s) I foster are reasonably healthy and all known health problems will be disclosed to me prior to my taking the animal(s) into my home.
• CHILDREN: I agree to supervise and be responsible for any children handling any animal(s) fostered by me in a safe and hygienic manner, and will not hold Penny & Wild responsible for any injuries that may result from my failure to do so.
• PETS: I agree to keep my foster animal(s) separate from my own pets, and understand that the possibility of foster animal(s) fighting, injuring, or spreading illness to my own pets exists if I allow them to interact. I understand that if I choose to allow my foster animals and my own pets to have access to each other, I do so at my own risk, and will not hold Penny & Wild liable for any illness or injury that may occur to my own pet(s).
• DAMAGES: I agree to “bunny proof” the room / area where my foster will be housed and hold Penny&Wild SOS FL harmless from any direct or consequential damages arising out of fostering the animal(s).
• COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS: I agree to foster for a minimum term of 4 months. Service hours will only be granted at the completion of the minimum term. If I return an animal(s) before the minimum term or break any other terms of this Foster Agreement I will be denied service hours.
(Rabbits) I understand that I will be receiving 15hrs per week for a single rabbit or 20hrs per week for a pair if approved.
(Guinea Pigs) I understand that I will be receiving 20hrs per week for a pair of guinea pigs or 25hrs per week for a trio if approved.
• SUPPLIES: Fosters will be provided a “starter pack” of supplies including (see below.) Hard Supplies (x-pen, cage, carrier, litter box) need to be returned undamaged and in the same condition as received. Damaged supplies (chewed carriers, not maintained litter boxes, etc.) will need to be reimbursed.
(Rabbit) X-pen, hard carrier, litter box, litter, hay, and pellets.
(Guinea Pig) Cage, hard carrier, litter, hay, and pellets.
Please use the form below to request supplies or to submit pre-approved receipts* for reimbursement. *Receipts should be submitted within 1 week of purchase.
Owner and Finder Fosters are expected to purchase their own supplies or can apply for a “Sponsor.” Contact your foster coordinator if you are not able to afford supplies.
Community Service Hours
- Single 15hrs / week
- Pair 20hrs / week
- Guinea Pigs
- Pair 20hrs / week
- Trio 25hrs / week
Minimum term: 4 months. Service hours will only be granted at the completion of the minimum term. If an animal is returned before the minimum term or any other terms of the Foster Agreement are broken fosters may be denied service hours.
Email: Foster@pennyandwild.org to submit forms. Forms need to be filled out to be signed (student name, student ID, school name, dates / hours).
Social Media Questionnaire
Submit this questionnaire to help us promote your foster rabbit on our social media channels. We can sometimes receive up to 3 applications for featuring a bunny with good pictures and bio!